Wednesday 28 November 2012

Clothes Show Live 2012

Every year my college (I'm a uni student but my course campus is in a college) has a stand at Clothes Show Live as well as the second years clothes on the runway. Well as I am now in my second year it is my classes turn to show off our work.

Our brief title was "The Great Outdoors" so what does that mean to us? Well it means forests, trees, leaves, autumn, winter, animals, hiking, Eskimos etc. Well it's a good brief but it was so hard when it was sunny outside and so warm, made it so hard to think about being cold and seeing snow fall from the sky.

Well weeks have passed and now I am currently finishing off my 2 garments for Clothes Show, I feel so happy about my work this term and this year. After last year I felt a bit down as my grades pretty much sucked but I studied very hard over the summer and now I feel that my skills are really starting to improve.

Here is a few photos of how my garments are currently looking, they make me feel warm
My first garment, There is a shirt under I just haven't finished it yet, This a Leatherette paneled navy cotton long skirt, I have printed on the leatherette with my versions of tartan (wine red, bottle green and acid green), little flap pockets on the front. A thick body warmer made with a navy knitted wool and a navy cotton lining.

Outfit 2 outta garment, This is my owl skeleton printed shawl. This goes over a leatherette top and my tartan printed kilt. I really love this piece more that anything I have ever created and I can't wait till January when I finish this unit and can wear this myself.

So if you are going to Clothes Show Live, Don't forget to head over to our stand (North Hertfordshire College), we are there everyday however I will only be attending the Saturday to Tuesday. Please head over if you can~



0 comments:

Post a Comment